Click Your County for an Insurance Lawyer in Rhode Island
Need Assistance Filing a Claim Through Your Insurance Company?
We Can Help You with That
At USAttorneys.com, our ultimate goal is to help get you connected with the best Rhode Island insurance claims attorneys in the field. They understand the constant changing laws, the processes and procedures required to get a claim filed and paid, and can give you guidance and advice if you are struggling with a denied claim. Insurance lawyers are valuable as they offer various types of services, some you may not even be aware of.
Therefore, if your home has sustained damage and you are finding it to become more of a burden to get your claim paid, you may want to consider giving us a call and allowing an agent to help you find a legal professional in your area that may be able to help or give you some advice.
Dealing with another type of insurance issue? Not a problem as our insurance claim dispute lawyers can help with any type of insurance matter be it for health, auto, life-insurance, etc.
What Should I Know About Filing a Claim Through My Homeowner’s Insurance Company?
Although each insurance carrier has its own procedures that are required to be followed when submitting a claim, below is a brief breakdown from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners of what you should do in the event you are needing to file a claim in Rhode Island for damage done to your home or for property that has been stolen.
- Read through your policy thoroughly as this is your guide to what types of losses your insurer is going to cover.
- If the cost of your damage is estimated to be about the same as your deductible, you may want to consider paying for the repairs out of your own pocket without filing a claim. Why? Most homeowner’s insurance companies will report your claim to a nationwide database such as the Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange (CLUE). Insurance companies use databases such as the CLUE to view claims you have submitted in the past.
- Contact your insurance agent or company as soon as possible and request any forms or documents that may need to be submitted.
- Protect your home from further damage.
- Meet with your insurance adjuster. These individuals are usually sent out after contacting your agent regarding your claim.
- Wait for your claim to be valued and a proposal to be presented. If you and your insurer aren’t in agreement with the amount proposed, you can always hire one of our skilled Rhode Island insurance claims attorneys to represent you and fight for what the damage is actually worth.
As helpful and useful as our insurance companies can be, they can also be difficult and unwilling to cooperate. If a dispute has arisen between you and your insurer, be sure take action by giving us a call today. And keep in mind, you aren’t obligated to accept what your insurer has offered so don’t feel pressured to do so until you have spoken to a lawyer in your city.